Friday, March 16, 2007

Strut

She’s totally committed
To major independence
But she’s a lady through and through
She gives them quite a battle
All that they can handle
Shell bruise some
Shell hurt some too
But oh they love to watch her strut
Oh they do respect her but
They love to watch her strut

I guess today I’m questioning the lessons I taught to a daughter that I didn’t realize was watching as her mother went off to work. Maybe I should be thankful she only saw the preparation before the big sell out and not the act all the way to finality. Did I work what I had to get thousands from men, yes I did. I did it for my family. I tossed up the hair, put on the short shirt and walked my heels to the money. I was very good at it. I played the game.

My favorite times were when I was just the hook up person. Men with the money had a problem I introduced them to the solution. I would be at the meeting sitting on someone’s desk. Just because I crossed my legs at the right moment money would change hands.

Oh but I wasn’t beautiful. I was just daring. I remember sitting under a shade tree with a millionaire and him saying “Don’t work me kid.” I told him “This is my chance. I’m not going to let it slip away.” We laughed and worked out a deal. If I remember right he got some awards for what I helped put together.

Pretty woman, give your smile to me

Many men are happy with just a smile but there are others that wish to step outside the bounties of the game. “You owe me!” Let me laugh at those words a bit. My reply would be “Brother if you feel that is so then you were playing in a game you didn’t belong in.” The Money is always the prize not the female.

Even now I play the game with my husband from time to time. I let him get the prize. I remember a night going out to hear a band when my husband got dared to wear his leather pants. I wore my leather coat, a sports dress and very high heels. The heels told him he was going to be played and the silly boy tried to resist. So at the bar I took off the leather coat and hit the dance floor. Three dances later I was being planted up against the garage wall back at home hoping the door would come down faster. Don’t worry male humans my husband knows how to play the game back at me. At a whole table of Christmas partiers he announced what I had on under my dress and what he planned to do about it. The blush wine I held in my hand matched my face. Bluff called.

There is nothing wrong with the game as long as you’re old enough to understand what the rules are. You can’t allow fantasy to cloud your thinking. Pretty Woman was a movie about a Prostitute not the girl next door.

Be safe...

Picture by FreeFoto.com

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I don't have the guts for that kind of game.

Lora_3 said...

Teresa-I knew you were going to say something about this. LOL

Be safe...

Here Again

I'm just messing around and wondering if this thing still works. It's been awhile since I've done this. Wish I had never stopped...