Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Programmers.....

Programmers are a strange product. Yes they are a product. They are no longer human. They sold their souls cheap to the Lord of the Code. The Code Lord eats their souls and gives them strange abilities. First they become very, very arrogant. They need this later so they can call other programmers stupid. This process is beneficial to build a solid program process. The programmers also develop odd abilities to read big ass books that no body else can read or understand. Their reading tells them where the back slash, colon or nested table must be placed. They consume large quantities of caffeine and candy. This helps them to only sleep 3 hours a night.

Ok I wrote this just to see if my husband reads my blog. My husband is a programmer. The last few nights he's work until morning. And I mean when the suns coming up. He's also been watch Martha Stewart before going to work. I think I should start to worry. lol

I've recently watched The Guardian and Gridiron Gang on DVD and they are both worth the rent. The Gridiron Gang really surprised me and "The Rock" did a good job acting. The Guardian is a little bit "An Officer and a Gentleman" but the scenes of the coastguard rescue are amazing.

Be safe...

Picture by freefoto.com


2 comments:

Andrew McAllister said...

I teach people how to become programmers. Maybe I should read them your post so they'll be forewarned :o)

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

Lora_3 said...

Hello Andrew! Yes, please work with them about using the word "Stupid". Another piece of advise I'd give them would be only work with project managers that instill team work. If your project manager pits this group against that group run and find another job. Also read Jim Rapoza's column in E-Week. Boy, I sound like I know what I'm talking about. Now I'm scaring myself.

Be safe...

Here Again

I'm just messing around and wondering if this thing still works. It's been awhile since I've done this. Wish I had never stopped...