Thursday, August 30, 2007

Human & Being Human

After four years spending time with mostly family, my eyes have been opened to the world of humans again. Some of you humans need a good smack up the side of the head. Others need a hug. Is it ok to hug strangers? Or does that just make you a strange human.

A few weeks back I met this guy that was truly sad and its been haunting me ever since. Me being me, I felt like I could have done more for him or I should have tried. He looked like he could be the brother to a friend of mine. I even told the guy so. He told me my friend was born looking that way and he was cut to look right. What do you say back to that statement? The guy had just had a bad break up. Is it that I've never seen a guy so emotionally gone before that has flipped me out? What is it that I thought I could have done for the guy? Decorating his house and making him a meal was not going to fix this guy, so I don't know what I thought I could do. But damn it still bothers me.

As humans do we always take that extra step to show kindness to other humans? I can't answer this question right now because I have a few humans on my shit list. Yes, and I'm taking extra steps on them to get my point across.

Be safe...

Picture by FreeFoto.com



2 comments:

Teresa said...

It is hard to know what to do for people we KNOW--let alone the ones we don't know. Don't be too hard on yourself. You care and that is more than most.

Walker said...

People are who they want to be.
Sometimes its best to leave that person to his own greif until he/she gets some of it out of their system before they can heal.
Then you can just be there to listen.

Here Again

I'm just messing around and wondering if this thing still works. It's been awhile since I've done this. Wish I had never stopped...