Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Inspiration...

Yesterday on My BlogLog I found Paul Sanchez. Paul did a Solo Ride around the US to raise awareness for dyslexia and other learning difficulties. Please go to Paul's blog 8 Wishes and check out his video. What he has done and what he is doing is very inspiring.

One day while I was working at the High School I had a student that needed to use the computer lab to write a paper. After a while I went to check how his paper was coming along. I couldn't believe what I was seeing it looked like he had typed Pig Latin. This kid was very shy and I didn't want to freak him out. As I looked harder at his word document I figured out what I was seeing. I was looking at a document written by someone that had dyslexia. Dyslexia runs in my family and at times I have my own problems with it. Who and How mess with me at times.

Many Men and Women who have ended up on the wrong side of the law are known to have learning difficulties. It is believed that if help had been given to them at a younger age they would have been better equipped to make better choices.

So please, for me, check out 8 Wishes!

Be safe...

No comments:

Here Again

I'm just messing around and wondering if this thing still works. It's been awhile since I've done this. Wish I had never stopped...