Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow Day!

Yesterday I took a Snow Day! No, it did not snow in Austin but it was windy as hell. Wednesday night at 10:00 it was 70 degrees out side and we had tornado warnings. At 6:30 Thursday morning it was 33 degrees and raining. I think the high yesterday was 38 degrees here. Nothing like going from AC to heat in less then 6 hours.

Ok back to my Snow Day. I finished putting up my Christmas decorations in the house. I read a book. I made meatloaf and mash potatoes for dinner. I didn't touch the computer but I get bonus points because I did take a shower. I watched part of the new Superman movie. I kept think about Christopher Reeves and almost cried. All in all it was a perfect Snow Day.

I like pictures. Wow who knew. I found this blog "Through the Lenses". She has a good eye for photos. If you want to get lost in pictures check out "stock.xchng". I think I spent 2 hours there the first time I went.

To all the Jewelry makers and designers out there I'd like to say "Hot Damn"! In the last few weeks I've seen some pretty and sharp looking pieces. You all are making Mall jewelry stores look boring. Check out The Blue Dress if you want to see a little Wow!

Ok I think I'll have a Snow Weekend. I've got a book, popcorn, twinkle lights everywhere and the stuff to make a Red Velvet cake. Yeah it's a Snow Weekend! Get the peanut butter we're making cookies.

Be safe...

Piture from FreeFoto.com


2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Haha...snow day...you're funny! I hope I don't have any snow days in the near future... :0

Miachelle said...

Red Velvet? Red Velvet?

I'm drooling....oh.my.God....I LUV Red Velvet.

What better way to spend a snow day!

We don't get those here. The ONLY downside to living in Phoenix. :-)

Here Again

I'm just messing around and wondering if this thing still works. It's been awhile since I've done this. Wish I had never stopped...