2 cups rolled Oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup butter-flavor shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup sugar (for rolling cookies)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a food processor process oats until finely ground.
- In a bowl combine ground oats, flours, cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and shortening with a mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar ; beat until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly beat in the flour mixture.
- Using a heaping spoonful for each, roll dough into a ball; then roll in 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet and then cool on wire rack.